When I don't want to make a collage about a goal because I'm too busy or am already focusing on a collage - the next best thing is to take time to journal my vision.
I have a special book that I reserve for dream journaling. Many times when I review my dreams - I find that they have manifested in fun and surprising ways.
Follow these steps to get your emotions to vibrate at the speed of your dream and be sure to celebrate the steps along the way!
Materials: Favorite journal book and pen, timer, blank 81/2 by 11 paper. Be sure you have at least 30 uninterrupted minutes in a soothing space - outside is perfect if it is available. Make a cup of tea, or light a candle to create the atmosphere of a mini-retreat.
1. Use the blank paper to do a fast 10 minutes of journal junk. This is where you put your pen to the paper and write as fast as you can. This allows the rational mind to release any worries or complaints. Be sure to set the timer. If you run out of things to write, simply start the sentence with I'm worried about...
2. Close your eyes and let your mind focus on the vision. You are playing pretend - your vision is as big as your imagination.
3. Next, take your journal and put the date that you want your vision to manifest by - at the top of the page. Set the timer for 20 minutes and write about your vision in 1st person.
"I now have a fun, rewarding job working with people I love and respect. The office is spacious and ...."
4. If you stop writing, close your eyes and imagine yourself as if the situation is happening...then start writing until the timer stops.
Use the questions below to help fill in the details. Remember, to vision is to create an emotional feeling of joy that you associate with your dream. That way, when you run into obstacles, you feel past the problem by assuming there is a solution.
When your vision manifests, who is the 1st person you'd call?
How would you celebrate?
What needs to happen for the demonstration of the vision? (That is, what outfit would you wear to your new job...?)
If this exercise creates uncomfortable feelings - then good! That means the mind closet is being opened and cleared. Now you can see what no longer works in your life so you can make room for what does work.
5. After your vision is written, read the vision outloud several times until you mean it. (I sometimes record the vision on my digital recorder and listen to it in my car when I'm stuck in traffic.)
6. Bless and release your vision into the atmosphere. Give yourself a hug for spending time on your dreams.
7. Let me know when your dream manifests....