Friday, February 26, 2010

The Art of Unplugging

It took only 2 weeks of no Internet service at my home to decide to stay that way. As much as I love email, Facebook, Twitter, and the many Google possiblities, being online did create anxiety. I'm the kind that constantly checks my email when I get home - just the way I used to check my answering machine before cell phones.

Okay, I admit it - I'd practically check my email every time I passed my computer. And being in a two room, place. Well, you get the picture.

I originally chose not have email at home in order to save $. But now that I've officially joined the dark ages I feel more focused. And I'm enjoying my 'work' time out at the library or my fav coffee spot - Copa de Oro.

Yes, I still get a little teary when I think of all of the Brothers and Sisters episodes I'm missing, but hey - I gotta have something to look forward to when I get back to virtual reality. Cause I will reconnect at some point. Just not today.

May you and all of your connections be filled with joy!

Dorothy

1 comment:

Anne R. Allen said...

I'll bet you're getting a lot more writing done. I've seen several successful writers advise the rest of us: don't write on a computer hooked up to the Internet.

I'm sure I'd be working on my novel now, if I weren't here on the interwebs reading blogs.

Post a Comment